Thursday 25 April 2019

Trying new things!

A totally random picture of a chopped up leek. 


We thought we would make something different for dinner today, so we went for Iranian vegetable Stew.

I chopped the butternut squash and wondered if we could use the seeds, so a quick Google told me yes we could.
Butternut squash are a real pain to peal. There must be an easier way. If anyone knows one please tell me!
And here is a way of telling if it has gone bad.
And some other tips.
For example:  I didn't know you could freeze it for 6 months...

How to Know When Butternut Squash Has Gone Bad
https://www.leaf.tv/articles/how-to-know-when-butternut-squash-has-gone-bad/

Anyway I didn't want to waste a thing so after we found out we could cook the seeds, we did.
P washed them and then added some oil and Himalayan salt to them before putting them in the oven for 15 minutes. They were a hit! We all loved them.

I thought I had best play it safe, in case the girls found the stew too spicy so I also cooked that old favourite Spaghetti Bolognese. Turned out it was a good job I did.

We decided to make the stew in a wok before putting it into the oven to finish cooking. I didn't have any spinach! How is this possible, spinach is a staple in our home. 

Added to the shopping list for next week.

It was delicious but far too warm for the girls. Plenty for me and some to freeze until I pick up that spinach.
Really nice meal though. 10/10 from me.

We used Simply Cook https://www.simplycook.com/?KW=10001 for the recipe. They are doing a trial box for £3 at the moment. Give it a go, you can cancel anytime and it is well worth it.

The girls enjoyed their Spag Bol, not the original, (we added butternut squash, onion and leeks).
There was enough left over to freeze for another meal.
Yes P loves her spaghetti. All healthy and Organic.


















No comments:

Post a Comment